Tuesday, January 22, 2008

darn rain!

So, I finally got off my butt and actually worked out this weekend! I did the Pacifica Trail Run on Saturday. I only did the 9k becauseit was my first trail run. Let me just say---holy cow! Trail Running is definitely a different animal then the nice paved runs I usually do. I am surprised I didn't bite it---though I came might close on tripping on rocks going down hill. It was a good time though, and I will probably do it again.

Sunday was the longest bike ride I have done since the day after Thanksgiving. I am doing the mardi Gras Meric Cenury in Ventura in a little over a month and need to train for that. The ride was nice: I went to Stevens Creek Reservoir, up Mount Eden, took highway 9 down to Los Gatos and then caught Shannon Road to Hicks.

How come the best bike rides are where all the fancy pants houses are?

My ride came in at about 38 miles. I am hoping to add 10 miles to this weeks ride, but it is apparently raining forever...

No comments: