Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Did they have to make it red?

I am on the road to recovery and able to dress myself again. Yea! The bad news: my wound is leaking on my dress. Gross. Maybe I should have gone with sleeveless today.

My shoulder is fine except when I move it. Luckily the headache is gone, so I probably haven't done a whole lot of damage to the brain.

I couldn't resist the urge to look up my result for the race. I did the swim in 42:16 which isn't too shabby considering I didn't realize the race was even starting. But right below my name on the results web page were the dreaded initials:

DNF

Did.Not.Finish. Seriously, did they have to make it red? Knock a girl while she's already down and road rashed why don't ya?

(BEWARE: Ranting Section)

This sucks! It really does! This was supposed to be my race. I was so ready to have this major accomplish under my tri shorts and what do I get? Bump on the head and a shoulder resembling prosciutto.

ok...done ranting. I can't be positive and zen-like all the time.

No comments: