Thursday, April 23, 2009

Triathlon season has begun!


Seriously lagging on the blog. Perhaps I was waiting for an epiphany....like the voice over narration on "The Wonder Years" where adult Kevin Arnold goes discusses a life changing event and starts the monlogue with "and then it happened."

whoa...side note...is "Wonder Years" on dvd? I am so Netflixing that.

Anyways, April has been great and crazy. I raced 2 5ks, hiked a crazy hill, swam in a lake, and biked a little over 150 miles, turned 32, celebrated my one year anniversary in the non-profit world, and---still don't feel strong. Like, sporty strong.

I blame the triathlon training--I keep introducing a different sport while the other sport goes, wait wait, we aren't finished yet. Case in point: I probably have ran max 25 miles in April. Why? Getting back to the biking makes the running less desirable. Add jumping into the pool in the mix, and I totally stress about being slow as molasses in my freestyling.

My solution to all of this is two-fold: get back on to Calendars with Coach Heidi AND join a masters swim program.

Stay tuned for reports for April events. I swear they are coming!

FYI: the above picture of my bike handlebars was taken this weekend. My bike fell off its rack while I was driving, got stuck to the rack and was dragged on the freeway! The bike is ok, but I am out one road bike until the parts come in (seat got destroyed as well). I think I will take the folding bike to my workout tomorrow. That should be interesting.

No comments: