Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughts while on a bike...

1) Dead flat squirrels are kinda gross.
2) 5 miles down, only 50 to go. Seriously?
3) Maybe that pre-ride mcmuffin was a poor choice.
4) I have to run 13 miles after this?
5) I think I have ridden 300 miles this month. Cool.
6) Was that a bug I just swallowed?
7) Santa Barbara would be a fun weekend getaway. Do I go in August or September. I should get some new dressed for that trip. That sounds so nice. Wine tasting. Relaxing on the beach....much better than being on a bike for 5 hours.
8) 20 miles down. 35 to go. Seriously?
9) I have seen some pretty cool parts of California on two wheels.
10) Maybe nasty grade isn't so nasty.
11) oooh...it is pretty nasty.
12) Relax.Relax.Relax. ACK TRUCK HAULING A TRAILER PASSING ME ON THIS HUGE HILLLLLLLL! Relax. Relax.
13) Did I seriously sign up for a two hundred mile bike ride in July?
14) Is it raining or was that just sweat pouring our of my helmet? Gross. Triathlons are gross.
15) Should I book a massage for Sunday or Monday?
16) Did I misss my turn. Its been 56 miles. Shouldn't I be there by now? Where is everybody? Where am i? I.Don't. Want. To. Be . On. This. Bike. Any. More. I will call a cab. I totally will. This ride can kiss my----oh, hey, that's where I turn. Sweet.
17) This hill is going to suuuuuuuck when it is crowded with triathletes.
18) Why don't I look like THAT in spandex shorts. I hate her. That's mean. I don't hate her. It's spandex I hate.
19) Seriously? 13 miles? After THIS?
20) What shall I have for dinner? What will be, like, the perfect food? Grilled cheese sounds amazing. Like, good grilled cheese, american cheese on sturdy bread and a chocolate shake..ohmygoshthatsoundssogoodandIwantitrightnowandIamsosickofsportsdrinksthattastelikepunchata6yearoldspartiesandsportsbarsthatlookliketheyarealreadydigestedandwhywouldtheycallsomethinggu.gross.

1 comment:

Molly said...

All these hard training days will pay off, I'm sure of it! I found 99 Bottles of Beer On the Wall made the long-ass rides go by a little quicker, or at least numbed my mind when I was having trouble.