Sunday, May 31, 2009

knee update #1

Bad news: knee still has issues.
Good news: am off crutches.

I spent last week on crutches and it was brutal. I seriously got winded walking from the porch to my car. At least I could drive!

I went to an orthopedic surgeon on Friday. I got xrays of my knees, a new brace made of neoprene, and a prescription for physical therapy. My appointment is tomorrow, so we will see how that goes.

Yesterday was my first full day with the new brace and I decided to go swimming (arms only). I did 10 laps and felt pretty good. Today I did 40 laps. Dennis said that maybe I will come out of this a better swimmer. Could be nice.

It is definitely weird not being able to bend my left knee when I walk--I kinda feel like Kevin Spacey as Caiser Sozee (sp?) on The Usual Suspects. It is definitely weird not being able to walk fast through the grocery store. But, it was nice being able to go grocery shopping and even get ready to make dinner tonight.

I am hoping for a good prognosis tomorrow---like, with enough physical therapy I can do the aquabike at vineman in August.

We shall see...

2 comments:

melissa said...

fingers crossed for very helpful and fast physical therapy!

Molly said...

Ouch! I hope your recovery continues along smoothly!