Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010---off to a good start and not (too) slackery.

Because I am all about cliche New Years resolutions, I am in full force so far in 2010. I have ran 2 - yes 2!- races this year AND did a spin class this morning. This year is going to be THE year for greatness. The two races were also a good barometer of my fitness level going into the new year.

On New Year's morning I met up with a bunch of friends to do the Los Gatos Resolution run. It is a 5 mile run to Lexington Reservoir. I have done the route a few times and was prepared for the hills. The run was ok. I wasn't fast and wasn't super slow. They only had enough goody bags for the first 300 finishers, and I didn't make it in time for a bag. Not that I was all bent out of shape---it just was a little humbling to know that I wasn't fast enough for a goody bag.

Yesterday I did the Brazen New Year's Run at Lake Chabot. I had heard about the race a few weeks ago and was THIS close to signing up for the 1/2 marathon. I slacked off though and didn't register until a few days ago and knew that a 10k would be far enough.

That race was the hardest one I have done since the Pacifica Trail Run 2 years ago. It was ridiculously hilly, muddy, and profanity-inducing. I did it in a pathetic hour and 31 minutes. Slowest 10k ever.

This morning I joined my friend Diane for a Spinning class. Yikes--60 minutes of sweat and torture. I must have been delusional or was high from exercise-induced endorphins because I signed up with 24 hour fitness again.

This week will be getting on my 1/2 marathon trainig plan and starting my swim class. I just have to be dedicated to making working out a habit.

No comments: