Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quieting my Mind? Not gonna happen...

I wonder how many of my blog entries start with, "Ok, now I am back on track"? And the posts are all super gung ho and excited about triathlon training and then weeks or even months will go by without a peep from me because I inadvertently fell off the training wagon.

So, let's change it up and not even mention track and wagons and anything that will most likely set me up to eat a big old slice of humble pie.

Lets talk about other things. Like, yoga.

Ok, how come nobody told me how hard yoga is? How come my hips are so tight? How come it is so hard to quiet my mind? How come the cutest darn bag from Lululemon has to be $100? And when the heck am I going to start getting bendy? Sheesh.

Let's talk about Calendars. I am back on a calendar with my coach. It is kinda nice to have someone tell me what to do.

Let's talk about swimming. I have a feeling this could be the year I get faster at swimming. My ultimate goal is to break 40 minutes on a 1.2 mile swim. We shall see.

Let's talk about Spinervals. I kinda dig the dvds. Way more than spin class. Spin class is yucky.

Let's talk about LoseIt. I started using this website to log my food. Kinda cool. Kinda scary with the nutritional postings at restaurants now. 250 calories for a measly cookie from Subway? I could easily eat 10 of those. Seriously? And, what is up with the stupid "healthy" options? Yeah, lets have chocolate milk for kids. In theory that is good. But the size at Subway has 340 calories. That is crazy! That is a sandwich!

Let's talk about vacation exercise. I am going to Vegas for 3 days in May for a bachelorette party weekend. Is it weird that I mapped out swimming at the hotel pool Friday morning, followed by running the strip. And then Saturday forking over $40 bucks (!) so I can use a hotel gym for spinning and yoga class? Saying I am going to do that while in vegas and actually doing it are two very separate things.

Ok...I am done talking.

For now.

No comments: