Thursday, March 15, 2012

In Other News...

The stitches came out Tuesday. I asked my doctor if I can work out.

He said in a gruff voice, "NO. NOT FOR A WEEK."

And I swear I heard my stomach grumble with hunger.

The night before I had my first weight watchers meeting in two weeks and guess what---a 5 pound loss! The grand total in Less Jill Up the Hill? 14.8!

Yesterday I scanned my closet and took out a pair of Ann Taylor capris bought online a year ago in a denial shopping moment. What is a denial shopping moment? It is when you buy clothes in a size you once were and haven't quite come to terms with the fact you aren't that size any longer, When the pants arrived, I could barely button them and could definitely not zip up.

And yesterday? They zipped up! I squealed with amazement. You gotta love shopping in your closet. I do have a ways to go still, but it is fun to have concrete non-number-on-the-scale results. I am wearing another pair of Ann Taylor denial pants today and they are a wee bit snug--especially sitting. Luckily I have a loose fitting top on to conceal muffin-toppedness (probably not a word). I asked Hubby about these pants today and he let out a disinterested morning sigh, "Meh. Those are fine."

For some reason, he doesn't get fired up discussing black pants. Go figure.

So anyways, trying not to panic about the no exercise thing. It's only two weeks. I will have to push myself more when I am back to training to make up for lost time. And it is a little frustrating not getting activity points, but again, IT'S JUST TWO WEEKS.

No comments: