Tuesday, June 10, 2008

San Jose Tri: a new PR!

The San Jose Triathlon held at Lake Almaden on Sunday was a pretty good race for me. I was hoping to improve my last Olympic time which was the LA triathlon in Sept 07. I did that race in 3:30. I did San Jose in 3:06. Whoo hoo---24 minute improvement! The most significant improvement of the race was my swim. I did LA in about 44 minutes and I did SJ in 29 minutes.

The swim was a nice smooth course and I only got kicked a few times (and I only kicked a few people on accident).

The bike went fairly well. I am trying to push myself harder, but I just need more time on the bike. There was a lovely long hill up Hellyer road, but luckily I have already gone up that hill on a training ride with Velo Girls.

The run is still where I fall apart. I did the 10k in 1:04, which seems slow considering the Uvas tri I did 5 miles in 48 minutes. I guess we will get to the root of this eventually.

Tonight I am treating myself to a post-race massage. I am pretty excited.

Next up is the Mermaid Triathlon in Fremont this Saturday. This is a smaller race, but my plan is to go hard and fast. This will be my last race until Barb's on August 2nd. After Mermaid, it will be time to kick up my training. Yikes.

No comments: