Monday, February 13, 2012

Just Because Your Plate is Full, Doesn't Mean You Have to Eat it All

The title of this post is fitting for me for two reasons.

The most obvious reason is this whole Weight Watchers thing. I spent this past weekend in San Diego because Mermaids had a race there. It was a fun weekend, though I did have the challenge of eating out for most of the time. It is doable, and I can enjoy the food without devouring the WHOLE plate. I mean, seriously, restaurant portions can be out of control.

The other reason is I think I may have overextended myself. I am really getting into the swing of things with training, have a busy work schedule, and am planning a trip in March. I also signed up for my favorite Improv class again, but realized when I got home from San Diego yesterday that I was officially spent. I made the decision to not continue with it this round. Maybe once Death Ride stuff is over I will have less items on my plate.

This was a tough decision for me, because I LOOOVE the improv and I always want to do EVERYTHING. But, I also know where my priorities are right now.

My race on Saturday was ok. On the slow slide, but I am not in run mode right now. I am in, "Let's use running as cross training."

Starting on week 4 of Weight Watchers. Noticing a little bit of a difference. I was able to zip up a pair of shorts from a few years ago, though they are giving me a reverse muffin top so not quite ready. Hopefully by summer.

No comments: